Monday, December 29, 2014

Update: I'm all set. Thanks Vika Zafrin!

Update:  I'm all set.   Thanks Vika Zafrin!

To my academic, librarian and scholar friends:

I really want to read a copy of The Ceque System of Cuzco:  The Social Organization of the Inca by Tom R. Zuidema (E. J. Brill 1964).  As an archeological book written 50 years ago, I can't find any handy copies in the minuteman system.  What I can find are exorbitant prices on eBay or offers to buy a fairly pricey membership in a scholarly paper archive service.

I just want to read the book.  Does anyone have any suggestions for tracking down a copy?  Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

  1. email me the bibliographical information and I'll see what I can do to find the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. My go-to for cheapest books tends to be ABE (abebooks.com) but they only have a single copy available for $199.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worldcat.org is a combined search of library catalogs around the world, including academic. A quick search tells me this is mostly at academic libraries:
    http://www.worldcat.org/title/ceque-system-of-cuzco-the-social-organization-of-the-capital-of-the-inca/oclc/1277521&referer=brief_results

    Your best bet is to ask Minuteman to get the item via Interlibrary Loan. If they can't, as a Mass. resident, you're also eligible for a Boston Public Library card, and you can submit an ILL request through them.

    Let me know if you want more details on any of this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a PDF version of it for you. But I don't have your email address!  (DOH, or wait, I do, I was just looking by your $realname. Emailing it to you now.)

    ReplyDelete